Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
Must be double spaced, 1-inch margins, 12-point and maximum length of 2 pages. DO NOT exceed 2 pages in length. PLEASE ANSWER THE FOLLOWING 4 QUESTIONS
1.Discuss the development of your interest in a graduate-level nursing program vs. BSN.
2.Discuss the basis for your choosing nursing as opposed to other health-related professions.
3.Identify the program for which you are applying, including the basis for choice, applicable past work/volunteer experience and goals for applying the degree after graduation.
4.Discuss any special circumstances that you believe require further clarification.
BACKGROUND ABOUT MYSELF:
1. Graduated High School in June 2013 and began working as a pharmacy technician in Nov 2013-Present
2. Shortly after becoming nationally certified in the pharmacy in June 2016 I decided to further my education and career path and went to college in the Fall 2017. At the time I didn’t know what career I was going to pursue but I knew biology was my main focus and intended interest
3. I was placed on academic probation in the spring 2018 due to failing an English course (F) but regained good academic standing in the fall 2018
4. After graduating with an overall GPA of 2.75 I transferred to William Paterson (WP) to pursue my bachelors degree with a strong drive to become a Nurse Practitioner and to achieve high grades.
5. At WP I got accepted into 2 honor societies for academic excellence and first generation student.
6. I will be soon graduating this Dec 2022 with a BS degree. At the moment my overall GPA is a 3.092 and after this semester concludes I will have at the highest a 3.2 overall.
7. I chose a direct-entry MSN program to become a NP because all other MSN programs require either a BSN degree, RN license or an Associate in Nursing degree and Bachelor degree in another field to get admitted which I don’t posses any of those. I only received an Associate in Science and soon Bachelor in Science with no nursing background or RN license.
8. I chose NP route over PA route because as a NP I can work independently without the supervision of a physician and focus on health treatment plans that value individual patients and families rather than a PA who focuses on the biologic aspects of diagnosing and treating diseases.
• Anatomy and Physiology I: B+
• Anatomy and Physiology II with lab: In-Progress (Fall 2022)
• Microbiology: C- (Retake In-Progress Fall 2022)
• Nutrition: In-Progress (Fall 2022)
• Human Growth & Development: A
• Statistics: A
• General Chemistry I & II: A